Sunday, January 25, 2009

The struggle to clean

I went to bed Friday night telling myself that I WILL get my house clean by the end of the weekend. I wish I could be one of those people that could clean during the week and avoid the horrible Saturday day cleaning experience, but I'm not. I woke up about 9:00 on Saturday morning very energized and ready to go! Robbie and I have both struggled to keep up with the house work. If it weren't for my wonderful husband the house would have been declared a disaster zone. The flashes of a clean house and all my hard work came to an abrupt holt about an hour into it. I was exhausted. As I looked around at the piles of laundry that needed to be folded, the dirty floors, the undusted furniture and icky bathrooms... I forged on. I finally finished up about 1:00 p.m. Never making it into our bedroom or bathroom. I took a shower and laid down for "just a minute". At 3:30 I woke up, hair still wrapped in a towel and realized I had slept for over 2 hours.
Today was no different. Woke up early for church and we returned home about 10:00. I rushed into the kitchen to eat something, as if I hadn't eaten in days. I turned on the TV to which nothing was on and thought I can a) finish cleaning the bedroom and bathroom, b) take a nap. You can guess which one won out...3 hours later and I'm now ready to start my day. My 2nd trimester energy has not kicked in just yet, I can't wait until it does. This house will be spotless..ready and waiting for Baby Bizzell's arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment